About SNMP - Core
SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) is one of the
most powerful tools
in NetScanTools Pro. The purpose of this tool is to provide
a way to communicate with
SNMP enabled devices using SNMP version 1, 2c and
version 3. You can gather a wealth of detailed information
about the target system provided the target is running
SNMP and you have the right access credentials (community
name or SNMPv3 access). Devices that run SNMP include
network switches, routers and even Windows computers.
Supports both IPv4 and IPv6 communication
Here are examples of data you can obtain:
Related Tool Links:
- Detailed information about
the type of system, model number, including
operating system type, revision, system uptime,
serial number, and sometimes information like
the names of the contact person and the computer
- Listening process/daemon programs running on the target.
- Network Interface details
such as the IPv4/IPv6 address(es) and MAC address,
speed, MTU and status of each interface.
- TCP, UDP, ICMP, IP protocol real time statistics.
- All kinds of statistics about
packets, device status, etc.
- Bridging data showing MAC addresses of devices
attached to bridge ports.
- The LAN manager data.
- Virtually anything the device is allowed to provide
given the permissions of the access credentials you are
SNMP Tools - Advanced